BOOKS AND WRITING
1. When is your next book releasing?
When I finish writing it. Sorry, reality really does get in the way of writing sometimes. :)
2. Are you going to be continuing the IAD and Arcadians series?
Yes, I have started re-releasing both series. Have no fear, new books are coming soon...so please just be patient!
3. Will your re-released books be updated on Kindle?
Since I’m no longer with my previous publisher, all re-released titles will be considered new, which means Amazon cannot update them. All re-released books have been polished, edited, revised, and extended, but ultimately, the stories and plots will remain the same. It is up to you to decide if you want to repurchase the new version or not.
4. Are the secondary characters in all your series going to get their own books someday?
I do have plans to write books for most of the character that I introduce in all my series, but it would impossible to do a story for everyone. I will try, though!
5. What is most rewarding thing about being an author?
The most rewarding part of being an author is having a reader say that they like my work. I write for myself…how I see the story, but nothing pleases me more when someone reads my books and gets my vision. Reading reviews from people who love my stories or getting fan mail always makes my day!
6. You tend to write strong female characters. Do you ever get complaints that your heroines aren't real enough or that they are too strong?
Oh, yeah. But my question in return is this: why does the guy always have to save the day? Are we incapable? Do I really need a penis to be hero material? I write strong female characters because I KNOW what women are capable of. Sure, some readers may not like my books. I'm okay with that. Ultimately, these books are fantasy. But why can't we as women strive to be the BEST we can be instead of putting boundaries on our capabilities?
7. What advice would you give to a new author?
Don’t give up. Seriously, don’t ever stop writing. If you have a passion for it…follow your dreams and keep working at it. Success doesn’t happen overnight. It will come if you work hard enough for it. And be willing to learn...I learn something new everyday!
1. What is the one thing you must have to be able to write?
Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I’m addicted. Seriously.
2. When you’re stressed over work how do you relax?
I do a little boxing if I’m stuck on a scene or stressed. Hitting something always helps. LOL. It tends to help me rework a scene in my head. If I'm really stuck I will leave my WIP for a few days and work on something else. It also helps to have other author friends I can vent to or talk things out with.
3. Will you be attending any book signings?
None at the moment...sorry!
4. Are you a full-time writer?
Yes, but I’m also a screenwriter and will be writing YA novels under the pen name L.S. Watts.
5. How can I contact you?
Still can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact me! By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can follow me on: